Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Protein Balls
It's the Friday night before Halloween and here's what that means at FLF HQ:
- Scary Movie ("47 Meters Down" - it's a movie starring Mandy Moore where her character decides to go cage diving with sharks on a Mexican vacation mostly so she can take the perfect selfie "being fun" to prove to her ex-boyfriend that she's not boring.)
- Homemade Popcorn with coconut oil and sea salt; and
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough - with protein, natch.
Don't ever call me "Little Miss No Fun."
The movie was terrible, but the popcorn and cookie dough were on point;)
If you're craving cookie dough but without the loads of carbs/sugar, a couple of these will satisfy your sweet tooth for under 20 grams of carbs.
And if you're trying to prove to an ex-boyfriend that you're fun, don't be like Mandy Moore and waste your time like that. That's precious time that could be spent making these PB Cookie Dough Protein Balls! PRIORITIES, sister!
Cookie Dough > Shark diving and ex-boyfriends.
Makes 16-18 balls
4 Medjool dates, pitted
1/2 c. natural peanut butter
1/2 c. vanilla protein powder
2 Tbs. ground flaxseed
2 Tbs. melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. dark chocolate chips
sprinkle of sea salt
1. In a food processor, add dates and pulse until they start to break down and turn into a paste.
2. Add peanut butter, protein powder, ground flaxseed, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and blend on low until smooth and combined. Add dark chocolate chips and pulse a few more times.
3. Using a tablespoon, scoop out dough and roll into a ball using clean hands.
MACROS (for 1 of 17): 124 calories, 7 g fat, 8 g. carbs (1 g. fiber), 10 g. protein