Serves 4 - Adapted from Martha Stewart
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2-3/4 c. fresh pineapple, drained and minced
1 scallion, diced
1 Tbs. coconut sugar, Sucanat, or brown sugar
half a lime, juiced
1 Tbs. dried thyme
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. all spice
2 tsp. coconut sugar, Sucanat, or brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1-2 tsp. oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. MAKE JERK SEASONING: In a small bowl, combine jerk seasoning: dried thyme, cayenne pepper, all spice, 2 tsp. sugar, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
3. MAKE PINEAPPLE STUFFING: In a separate bowl, combine minced pineapple, scallions, lime juice and sugar. Stir to combine.
4. Using a sharp paring knife, make a slit into the thick side of each chicken breast. Using your fingers, create a pocket in the chicken, being careful not to poke through the opposite side. Stuff the cavity of each chicken breast with 1/4 of the pineapple mixture. Secure with 1-2 pieces of kitchen twine.
5. Season the outside of the chicken breast (both sides) with the jerk seasoning.
6. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add a couple teaspoons of oil and then sear the chicken for about 2 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove skillet from stove top and transfer to oven. Bake at 400 for until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, about 10-15 minutes.