This is my favorite soup of all time – easy as pie and has amazing flavor. I used to make it with just chicken stock until Jenn discovered the Imagine soup and it is a game-changer in this soup!
1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
1 head cauliflower, cut into large florets
1 head broccoli, cut into large florets
7 celery stalks, diced
4 large carrots, peeled & diced
1 small yellow onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, diced
1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
32 oz. Imagine Organic Potato Leek soup
2 c. low sodium chicken stock
Option for creamier soup: ¼ c. half & half
For garnish: bacon and shredded cheese of choice (I use an extra sharp cheddar or, in this batch, I used an Irish Dubliner that had a hint of a lager flavor.)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and cook bacon until slightly crispy. Let cool and chop.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrots, 1 tsp salt, and ½ tsp black pepper. Cook until slightly tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Turn heat down to medium-low and add broccoli, cauliflower, thyme, remaining ½ tsp salt, potato leek soup and chicken stock. Mix to combine and cover.
5. Allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until broccoli and cauliflower is softened and easily pierced with a fork.
6. In batches, transfer soup to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth or until desired consistency is achieved. (I prefer to blend until smooth for the creamy consistency.)
7. Return to pot and add half & half if desired.
Serve topped with shredded cheese and reserved chopped bacon.