Balsamic Grilled Chicken Salad with Raspberries and Chèvre
Balsamic Grilled Chicken
serves 4 - recipe from Giada de Laurentiis
4 organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 Tbs. olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. For marinade: Combine vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk well.
2. Place chicken breasts and marinade into a resealable gallon-sized Ziplock bag. Seal the bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate, turning the chicken breasts occasionally, for at least 2 hours and no longer than 24 hours.
3. Prepare grill. Remove chicken from the bag and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side until cooked all the way through.
2 grilled balsamic chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size pieces (keep warm)
4 cups mixed greens
3/4 c. shredded carrots
1/2 c. fresh raspberries
2 ounces chèvre, crumbled
1/4 c. Tessemae's Honey Balsamic vinaigrette
1/4 c. pecans or walnuts, chopped and toasted
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all vegetables and goat cheese with warm grilled chicken. Toss in toasted nuts (still warm).
2. Add dressing and toss with tongs to combine. Transfer to plate and serve!