If you think Buffalo chicken wings are off limits for girls who want to get and stay lean - think again! Fat Loss Foodies LOVE wings, we just do them smarter...
We've cleaned up this Football season classic and trust us - this recipe will fool your friends into thinking they're eating fatty, deep-fried wings - but nothing could be further from the truth!
Here's how we cleaned up this classic:
- The wings are oven-baked, not fried
- They are "naked" - not dredged in cornstarch or flour
- The sauce is low in fat and carbs but high in heat and flavor! We don't add any extra melted butter or margarine to our wing sauce like many wing recipes.
- We bumped up the fiber content by servings lots of fresh cut veggies on the side and a serving of lite bleu cheese dressing.
1 bottle of Buffalo wing sauce (I like Stonewall Kitchen)
3 lbs. of chicken wings & drumettes
2 Tbs. olive oil
sea salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, toss chicken wings & drumettes with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Spread chicken on rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Carefully turn chicken over using tongs and return to oven for an additional 15 minutes.
3. Carefully transfer chicken to a large bowl and toss with 3/4 c. wing sauce. Return chicken to pan and bake for 10 more minutes.
Serve with extra wing sauce if desired.
FAT LOSS FOODIE TIP: We followed tradition and served our Buffalo wings with carrot and celery sticks. Fat Loss Foodies are always looking for ways to get their veggies in, and they're always a smarter choice than chips or pretzels because of their low sugar, high fiber, and high water content!