Yield: 8 waffles
2 c. oat flour
4 scoops Tera's Whey Bourbon Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Tbs. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 packet Stevia in the Raw
1 egg + 4 egg whites
2 c. unsweetened almond milk
2 Tbs. melted unsalted butter or coconut oil
1 Tbs. vanilla extract
1. Preheat waffle iron on medium heat.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a food processor or whisk together in a large bowl.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat eggs until thick. To the eggs, add the almond milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
4. Sift dry ingredients into egg mixture and mix well. Do not over-mix or waffles will be tough.
5. Pour batter into preheated waffle iron and close the lid, and cook for 4 1/2 minutes.
FAT LOSS FOODIE TIPS:
Cooking time will vary per waffle iron and batter consistency. Waffles are generally done when steam no longer escapes from sides and front of the waffle iron. Do not open and close the waffle iron repeatedly to check for doneness. This allows the steam to escape, resulting in flat, chewy waffles, instead of light, airy, crisp ones.
To freeze, cool completely on a wire rack. Store in plastic freezer bag, separating waffles with wax paper. Reheat frozen waffles in toaster oven or oven until hot and crisp.
MACROS: (Per Waffle - 1/8th of recipe)
200 calories, 7 g fat, 21 g carbs (3 g fiber), 13 g protein