These are almost too good to be true.
When you find muffins that are gluten-free, higher in protein and fiber, low carb, AND packed with blueberry deliciousness?!
WHY ARE YOU NOT MAKING THESE RIGHT NOW?!
(Sorry to yell. It's just that muffins are one of our favorite baked goods and when you find a recipe this good, it deserves to be shouted...)
Adapted from Tropical Traditions
1/2 c. coconut flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 c. mashed banana (1-2 bananas)
6 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
zest and juice of one lemon
4 Tbs. coconut oil, melted
1 c. frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
2. Combine dry ingredients and blend well with a fork or wire whisk.
3. In a separate bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer), combine mashed banana, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and zest, and coconut oil. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and mix on medium-low speed until combined. Fold in blueberries, stirring just until incorporated.
4. Spoon approx. 1/4-cup of batter into each muffin tin.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and the muffin centers bounce back to the touch.
Nutrition stats per muffin:
142 calories, 8.5 g fat, 12 g. carbs, 4 g. fiber, 5 g. protein