What is pumpkin pie without crust?
For those with nut and/or gluten allergies, even modified holiday pie recipes present quite a dilemma.
Take away the crust and you're still left with a velvety and delicious custard that can be topped with lightly-sweetened fresh whipped cream.
I modified the classic Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie recipe to create these yummy custards that will scratch any pumpkin pie itch, but with about 75 fewer calories and less fat because there’s no crust.
You can see the nutrition stats for the original pumpkin pie recipe below!
1/4 c. coconut sugar
1 tsp. Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. pumpkin puree
1 Tbs. blackstrap molasses
3/4 c. evaporated milk
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Place 4 ramekins in a 13×9″ baking pan and put a kettle of water on to boil.
3. Combine coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add pumpkin, egg, and molasses to sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
4. Pour pumpkin custard into ramekins, inside the baking pan. Add boiling water to the baking pan until it reaches half-way up the ramekins.
5. Carefully place ramekins in preheated 425° F oven for 10 minutes.
6. Reduce temperature to 350° F, baking for 15-20 more minutes or custards are set in the middle. Cool and top with whipped cream before serving.
188 calories, 5 g fat, 31 g carbs, 6 g protein, 3 g fiber
Slice of Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie (1/8 of pie)
262 calories, 10 g fat, 36 g carbs, 6 g protein, 2 g fiber